Godex Windows Printer Drivers
LATEST VERSION 5.5.1March 7, 2023
Download Loftware’s Free Godex Printer Driver to print from any Windows application. Optimize printer performance by using Loftware NiceLabel or Spectrum to design your bar code and RFID labels and tags and your coding and marking messages easily, ready to print.
Enter your information to download Godex printer driver
- GX4200i, GX4300i, GX4600i, ZX1200Xi, ZX1300Xi, EZ120 and EZ130 printer models are supported.
Your model’s printer driver is no longer maintained.
You can find it under discontinued printers.
- GX4200i, GX4300i, GX4600i, ZX1200Xi, ZX1300Xi, EZ120 and EZ130 printer models are supported.
- Updated driver package information and driver user interface look with new branding.
- BZB-2 printer is using just direct thermal and not thermal transfer option.
- Added two printer models EZ6250i and EZ6350i with all three emulations. EZ530 GEPL/GZPL has corrected resolution to 300 dpi.
- New Godex printer models supported with all three emulations (Godex, EPL, ZPL): RT863i, ZX420, ZX420i, ZX430, ZX430i, EZ520, EZ530. Corrected PnP ID for EZPi-1200 GZPL, EZPi-1300 GZPL and RT730x GEPL.
- Godex HD830i printer is added into NiceLabel driver.
- Godex driver distribution includes also advanced TCP/IP port monitor for GZPL models. Those models support bidirectional communication. Status Monitor application is also available in distribution.
- Following new printers were added to Godex printer driver distribution: MX20, RT700iW, RT730iW and BP500L.All new models, RT7 models and MX models are center positioned.
- For Zebra RP4T ZPL, RZ400, RZ600, R110Xi4 and ZE500R models the RFID tag specifications are changed back to driver version 5.1.11 because of compatibility issue in 5.1.13. Now the RFID tag data are not cleared if you update the old driver with latest one.
- Fixed issue with DNS IP resolution not working when printer network name is longer then 25 characters.
- Print command syntax had additional parameter in case of RFID encoding and using unlock option for "User data" tag field. This is fixed now.
- Zebra RFID printers (R110PAX4, R110Xi, RZ400, Rz600, R110Xi4, RP4T ZE500R, ZD500R, ZT410R, ZT420R) support new RFID Gen2 tag type called Impinj Monza 4 (new UMI) that supports protocol control word bit of 3400h.RFID support removed on mobile QL (ZPL) models.
- Added support for following printer models: Godex DT2, Godex DT2 GEPL, Godex DT2 GZPL, Godex DT2x, Godex DT2x GEPL, Godex DT2x GZPL, Godex DT4, Godex DT4 GEPL, Godex DT4 GZPL, Godex DT4x, Godex DT4x GEPL and Godex DT4x GZPL.
- Added new RFID locking commands to certain printers.
- Fixed About dialog issue with garbage after name for printers with name >= 32 chars.
- Fixed NiceLabel crash when changing the printer on Label Setup>Printer dialog and then disabling "Use advanced printer driver interface".
- When updating drivers which have already defined their own stocks, barcode fonts or command fonts, PrnInst application failed with message box "List index out of bounds". This is fixed now.
- Installer ends if user choose "don&#39;t install..." option in Windows warning dialog.
- New Godex models were added to printer driver distribution.RT860i, RT860i GEPL, RT860i GZPL, ZX1200i, ZX1200i GEPL, ZX1200i GZPL, ZX1300i, ZX1300i GEPL, ZX1300i GZPL, ZX1600i, ZX1600i GEPL, ZX1600i GZPL, MX30, MX30 GEPL, MX30 GZPL, MX30i, MX30i GEPL and MX30i GZPL
- Fixed issue where editing a stock causes an error message.
- Tilde "~" character was not correctly encoded into QR code. This is corrected now.
- Corrected print speed limitation for ZT400 printers. Maximum print speed for ZT410 203 dpi could be 14 "/s fast. 300dpi printers can print 10"/s while 600dpi can print 4"/s.ZT400r and ZE500R printer support RFID encoding now.
- Below printer models are supporting Unicode (internal Swiss Unicode font)TLP 2824 Plus (ZPL)GK420dGK420tGX420dGX420sGX420tGX430tS4M-203dpi ZPLS4M-300dpi ZPLLP 2824 Plus (ZPL)P4T (ZPL) does not support Unicode (internal Swiss Unicode font)
- New RTC format is supported (YYJJJ: year in two digits + julian date)
- Max print quantity set to 99999999
- "%" character has been replaced with "#" character on QR barcode. This is eliminated now and % is printed OK withour any replacement.
- Printer Install Wizard supports silent installation of Port Monitor modules.
- New languages supported are: Danish, Hebrew, Slovak and Portuguese (Brazil). Portuguese language is removed.
- Language monitor will now retry sending data to printer 3 times before reporting an error to spooler.
- PrnInst utility quits driver installation if user doesn't trust the publisher.
- Driver settings are now correctly updated after being imported.
- PrnInst didn&#39;t not work on folders with long path name. Current version support paths up to 260 (MAX_PATH) characters.
- Help file was updated with a note that some applications can lock the driver and prevent it from being updated by a new version.
- Following Godex models added to distribution:EZ-1200 Plus GZPL, EZ-1300 Plus GZPL, EZ-6200 Plus GEPL, EZ-6200 Plus GZPL, EZ-6300 Plus GEPL, EZ-6300 Plus GZPL, EZ2250i, EZ2250i GEPL, EZ2250i GZPL, EZ2350i, EZ2350i GEPL, EZ2350i GZPL, HD90 GEPL, HD90 GZPL, RT700, RT700 GEPL, RT700 GZPL, RT700i, RT700i GEPL, RT700i GZPL, RT700x, RT700x GEPL, RT700x GZPL, RT730, RT730 GEPL, RT730 GZPL, RT730i, RT730i GEPL, RT730i GZPL, RT730x, RT730x GEPL and RT730x GZPL.
- On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 users were not able to change language settings. Now they can change language settings if they have administrative rights.
- Microsoft Access was reporting wrong paper names when custom stocks are defined in driver. Now it works OK.
- After leaving an edit field the values in it are now correctly checked according to their specified minimum/maximum values and displayed in correct format for the selected measurement unit.
- Prevent occasional labeling software crash when loading labels created with NiceLabel drivers older than version 4.6.16.
- Add a line stating the requirements needed for asian fonts to be printed correctly by the driver.
- Cutter functionality corrected for printing from Windows applications and cutter set to cut every n labels.
- Internal counter now works also when using stored layout on the printer. ("store & recall" or "export to printer" options in labeling software)
- Solved problem with multi-thread printing (sometimes the stream is not correct).
- Driver help for barcode font "y dimension" updated.
- All the drivers are now digitaly signed to allow installation on Windows 8.
- In some rare cases driver crashed when printing a Code128 barcode. This is corrected now.
- Following models added to distribution: EZ2050, EZ2050 GEPL, EZ2050 GZPL, EZ2150, EZ2150 GEPL, EZ2150 GZPL, RT200, RT200 GEPL, RT200 GZPL, RT200i, RT200i GEPL, RT200i GZPL, RT230, RT230 GEPL, RT230 GZPL, RT230i, RT230i GEPL, RT230i GZPL, G300, G300 GEPL, G300 GZPL, G330, G330 GEPL, G330 GZPL, G500, G500 GEPL, G500 GZPL, G530, G530 GEPL and G530 GZPL.Thermal transfer mode disabled for EZ-DT2 GZPL and EZ-DT4 GZPL models.
- Fixed occasional Spooler crash when printing Word document with very long filename.
- Advanced Port monitor can now be added by using Windows Add New Port Type option.
- User can now manual encode the Code128 when doing export to printer or general export with ZPL models.For this feature also NL must be updated (build after July 10th 2012).
- When doing Export to SAP from labeling software the line with variable definition should not be present, like it is when doing Export to printer.This is corrected now.
- Port monitor now reconnectes to printer after lost connection
- Numeric GS1Databar barcode types no longer have data size requirements
- Maximum expansion for Code128 on ZPL printers is set to 20
- Applicator option added to Godex printers. Option enabled only on EZ-2xxx Plus and EZ-6xxx Plus series.
- Date and time fileds are supported in GS1 barcode on ZPL printers. New date formats were added.
- Driver update didn't preserve settings for all installed printers. This is fixed now.
- RTC is now supported inside EAN-128 barcode on EPL printers.
- Operation mode now supports a new option called "Stream".
- In some case of printing big graphics (color on 64-bit OS for example) the graphic elements could be missing. This is corrected now.
- Obsolete monitor.inf files were removed from drivers that still had them
- Removed warning message for special ports, when installing printer driver with Printer Installation Wizard.If connected to standard Windows TCP/IP port then show warning message.
- Error message shows when doing Export to RedPrairie or General Export and on the label UPC or Postnet barcode was used.
- Printer error detailes were missing while printing. The status reporting issue was limited to NicePrintQueue, Enterprise Print Manager(EPM) and NiceLabel.:p
- Advanced TCP/IP port monitor now supports connections to names as well as IP addresses.
- UPC-A is sent without check digit to the ZPL printer, because printer add the check digit by itself.UPC-E has been already work in this way. The reason is that old ZPL printers take the last 11 digits for data and not first 11 digit (of 12) for data.
- Pause printer command added in Batch printing actions
- Rotation option on userinterface and QR and MicroQR barcode font rotation now work correctly
- Spooler crash when changing printer port while printing was fixed.
- Cutting after specific number of labels now works from all software.
- If user sets the RFID transponder offset in the printer setup, this could cause a problem with the printer because the offset causes, that much of the label does not get printed whenever the elements is sent after the RFID command. Everything that is send before the RFID command, prints fine. Now we have change the print stream, that RFID command is always the last of all elements. In this case there is no problems with the print getting cut off. :p
- Custom settings for unprintable now work correctly
- Printer ports are now properly shown in Options dialog.
- Changed font for Chinese Windows to SimHei.
- User is now able to select the option for internal RTC which allows printer to use the time read from RTC when the label is printed and not use the time of first label. The option could be found on "Advanced Setup > Other" dialog.
- Czech, Lithuanian and Ukrainian languages are now supported also in all NiceDrivers.
- Wrong command is used for locking RFID tag.
- When printing from standard Windows application (like Microsoft Word) and using page rotation (Landscape and/or rotate 180), positions of graphic were shifted relative to internal elements.Shift size depends on page dimensions, shift direction depends on rotation.
- Updated EPC RFID commands.
- PrnInst utility was updated so that long INF file structure is supported.
- When trying to preinstall drivers on Windows 7, user got an "Environment incorrect" error message. This is corrected now.
- Added Aztec and GS1 Datamatrix barcodes. GS1 Datamatrix barcode works from NiceLabel version greater than 5.2.2865. Please check also your printer's firmware version if support these barcodes.
- Memory slots correction for P4T and RP4T. Only Flash RAM is available from now on.
- PDF417 code was not able to rotate. This is supported now.Also positioning of rotated 2D codes is corrected. (PDF417, Datamatrix)
- Godex's new printer language GZPL support added. Following models added: EZ-DT2 GZPL, EZ-DT4 GZPL, EZ-1105 GZPL, EZ-1305 GZPL, EZPi-1200 GZPL, EZPi-1300 GZPL, EZ-2200 Plus GZPL, EZ-2300 Plus GZPL and EZ-1100 Plus GZPL.
- Godex EZ-2200 Plus GEPL and Godex EZ-2300 Plus GEPL models added to distribution.Added missing USB PnP ID's for following models:Godex EZ-1100 Plus GEPL, Godex EZ-1105 GEPL, Godex EZ-1200 Plus GEPL, Godex EZ-1300 Plus GEPL, Godex EZ-1305 GEPL, Godex EZ-DT2 GEPL, Godex EZ-DT4 GEPL, Godex EZPi-1200 GEPL and Godex EZPi-1300 GEPL
- Cancel before print option added to ZPL printers. Command cancels all format commands in the buffer. It also cancels any batches that are printing.
- User is now able to change administrator settings without reopening driver properties dialog as an elevated user. A click on the shielded button and entering the credentials is all that is needed.
- Godex HD90 printer added.
- Fixed occasional driver crash when printing extremely large graphics
- Page preview icons in "Advanced Dialog" corrected.
- Uninstall of printer with Printer Install Wizard did not work on Windows 2003 (x64) system
- All 1D barcodes on EPL printer do not have limitation for maximum height set to 600dots anymore. Limitation is now set to 1200 dots.
- Build number is now part of version information in About dialog
- Macros 05 and 06 on Datamatrix are now supported on printer models with ZPL and DPL printer language.
- Following models added : EZPi-1200, EZPi-1300, EZ-1105 and EZ-1305.
- Following GEPL models added : EZ-1100 Plus GEPL, EZ-1200 Plus GEPL, EZ-1300 Plus GEPL, EZ-DT2 GEPL, EZ-DT4 GEPL, EZPi-1200 GEPL, EZPi-1300 GEPL, EZ-1105 GEPL and EZ-1305 GEPL.
- When exporting Code128 to the printer and using variable, the ZPL code use optimization build in the printer's firmware for optimized Code128 encoding.
- Driver sends "(00)+Data" instead of just "00+Data" for SSCC barcode for correct encoding on ZPL printers.
- EPL printers can use option "KDU Repeat Prompt" when exporting label format to printer memory and using recall with KDU keyboard. With this option enabled, user will have to enter variable value on KDU keyborard on every recall. Option can be found on Advanced setup > Miscellaneous dialog.
- PDF417 barcode height maximum limitation is 99 and not just 24.
- Added Rotation to parsed text in command fonts
- Printing process was stopped during heavy duty printing.
- Driver print speed optimization
- PrnInst showed login window, even if the user running the application was administrator.
- PrnInst can now be moved to any position (second monitor) and it will stay there. It will not jump back to its original position.
- Postnet barcode fonts can no longer have their width changed.
- Graphic symbol font (GS) is supported now on ZPL printers. User can print Registered Trade Mark, CopyRight, Trade Mark, Underwriters Laboratories approval and Canadian Standards Association approval symbols with typing A,B,C,D or E for internal text.
- EPL printers sent cut offset in all cases (c commands). This is corrected now.
- User can use RTC offset from labeling software but the driver will send just offset in minutes for TIME format and days offset for DATE format. Hour/second/month/year offsets are ignored from the GUI.
- Datamatrix barcode can get negative coordinate in print stream, and also the size and WYSIWYG is not ok. This is corrected now.
- User can select Automatic or Manual options for Job removing using keyboard in Printer Install Wizard
- Fixed labeling software crash when turning off "Use Advanced printer driver interface".
- Printer Install Wizard uninstallation of driver doesn`t remove all of the files from the SYSTEM32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\ folder.
- UCC/EAN128 barcode now produces correct command on EPL printers.
- Also barcodes now uses "SO2" command for first date/time offset and "SO32 command for the second and all further date/time offsets on the same label.
- Barcodes in labeling software with prompted contents are not exported correctly to the printer.
- Electonic Article Survailance was always disabled on Rfid printers
- Fixed printing of Datamatrix and QR barcode font with more then 255 character data
- Added automatic termination character for Maxicode barcode font data
- New printers: EZ-2S, BZB-2
- Added support for custom printer name after silently installing a printer driver from command line (/INSTPRN; /INSTMULTPRN)
- Printer Installation Wizard will be able to automaticly remove all jobs when updating printer
- Printer Install Wizard can start an application specified in the command line, after it closes.
- ZPL printers now use absolute darkness escape (~SD) instead of relative (^MD).
- Fixed Advanced TCP/IP port to handle leading 0 in IP.
- Status monitor is able to detect port conflicts, when two printer drivers are using the same port for bidirectional communication with the printer.Also when user will delete or install a new printer to the system, Status Monitor will detect the change by itself.
- When you disable the option "Use advanced printer driver interface" (in File -> Label Setup -> Printing tab) labeling software will crash with the error "GDI Failure, OK to continue?"
- PrnInst didn't set printer attributes correctly. This is fixed now.
- Turkish language added
- New setting Printer default. If set, then printer will not send some settings from Options and Advanced Setup tab. This feature is useful for printers with LCD display where user would like to set printer parameters (speed, darkness...) manually.
- - write MMF to alternative location (research) - update MemMaster to store files to this location - update driver to read from new location (make sure that the update will be backward compatible)
- ^ character can now be encoded in Code128
- FNC1 is not encoded correctly in Datamatrix barcode.
- Uninstall of driver package failed when running a 64bti system.
- Checkbox "Enable bidirectional support" (Printer properties -> Ports) can now be unchecked automatically during driver installation, corresponding to the flag "Bidirectional" in .inf file.Bidirectional=0 => checkbox is unchecked.Bidirectional=1 => checkbox is checked.If this information is ommited, Bidirectional=1 is assumed.
- Labelling software can now recall variables with more than 31 characters of data.
- When you click on the Help button in About dialog help is opened, but it is not linked to any page.
- Help on About dialog opens help page with contents 'This program cannot display the webpage'.
- Internal elements with Date/Time offsets in labelling application now print correctly. The problems occured on ZPL printers (applicators).
- Implementation of Rfid Read and store for ZPL printers
- There is possible in ZPL to print counter without leading zeros. This can be done with NL communication because this setting should driver get from NL.
- New Godex supported printer models are:EZ-1100 PlusEZ-1200 PlusEZ-1300 PlusEZ-2200 PlusEZ-2300 PlusEZ-6200 PlusEZ-6300 Plus
- Now user don't need to create a start value of "001" to count from 1..999 on ZPL printers with printer's internal counter, but can set just "1" and counter will not stay at just one digit like before. But user have to set in this case tha maximum length of counter to 3 ! In this case leading zero's will not be printed, so if you want leading zero's you still have to imput 001 for example.WYSIWYG for non-leading zero's counters is not accurate because the printer gets the maximum counter length data and this can not be improved.
- EPL printers support now also day offset for internal printer clock.It is possible to use internal date & time also on barcode element from now on.
- Removed Help button as no help is available.
- New Japanese translation for Printer Install Wizard
- When user starts Printer Install Wizard the application is shown but without focus
- Changed default number for cutting to 1 label instead of 0.
- Corrected Print mode setting command for export
- Rfid Read and Print is not working correct. When printing a barcode with values stored in the rfid tag, only a couple of "?" characters are printed.
- Changed file info for Printer Install Wizard
- Default value for Always use default settings is not correct when instaling it the driver with a configuration file attached.
- Incorrect stream is sent to printer when encoding Rfid Gen2 tags
- Read and Store functionality is not enabled on Rfid printers
- DLL files for user interface translation did not include version info data.
- Labels transfered from different systems now retain their driver settings.
- Increased lenght for filename and path in import and export of settings.
- POSTNET barcodes have a fixed height and width, but the interface allows the user to change these dimensions.
- Import and export didn't work if filename and path exceeded the length of 80 characters while windows support 256 character lengths
- Click on "Stocks" panel caused error if stock list was empty. This is fixed now.
- - support for preinstall on all supported platforms
- Following models added to family:EZ-6200, EZ-6300, EZ-DT2 and EZ-DT4
- EndDocument escape was sent even when there was no StartDocument.
- "Tear Off" adjustment edit field is enabled all the time, no matter which operation mode is used. Before it has been enabled just when "Tear Off" operation mode was used.
- If driver gets no separator character description for decimal number from the OS, driver puts a "+" or "," string as default character. The result was seen for page size (example)Now the dot character "." is set for default separator in this case.
- Invalid stocks are now marked. User can open the Stock properties dialog and press OK to fix the problem (which is usually stock dimension). Stock size will be automatically adjusted.
- UI for commands fonts works now properly also in Japanese language.
- On Argox PPLB printers FNC characters, present in barcode data for Code128 are ignorred now. There is unknown command how to encode this characters into Code128.
- In some rare cases streams sent to the printer had an extra "0" added in it.
- Recall added for Zebra printers.
- Using 'Export to Printer' option in Labelling software creates wrong contents for maxicode barcodes. This only happens if barcode has variable contents.
- Implementation of Rfid Read and store for ZPL printers
- Added full Gen2 support for ZPL printers
- Sometimes a print stream is not send to the printer, and it stays stuck in the spooler
- Currently Godex driver prints graphics elements with store -> recall way. But with this type for every graphic printer "beeps" which is very annoying. Now it is implement new type of graphic printing called ?Direct print? which works without ?beeping?. This type of graphic printing is selected by default.
- ^MMC command has been sent twice when exporting the label to the prrinter. This is corrected now and it is sent to the printer just once. ^MMC is a command for using cutter. If you select for "Operation Mode" Tear off the "^MMT" is sent and for Peel off "^MMP" command is sent.
- Added data format accepted values for ZPL printers. Accepted values can be in ASCII or HEX format.
- Port monitor crashed when setting up port details (IP and port number)
- Barcode fonts vanished instead of being imported.
- Microsoft Vista operating system is not mentioned in the text file that is distributed with the driver.
- Stocks were not imported if user didn't view the stocks dialog beforehand
- Advanced cutter option not working on some printers
- Applicator didn't work on PPLZ printers. This is corrected now.
- Barcode ratio values are not shown in Barcode Fonts dialog. This only happens when you are editing existing barcode font.
- Cut position control is always available now, but the command is sent just when the cutter is used. With this control user can change the cut position for max. +/-30 dots.
- Spooler crashed during the installation, if there were any printers allready installed on the system.
- Corrected speed settings for following models: TLP2844, LP2844, TLP2824, LP2824. Additional JJJ date mask was added for printers that support Julian Date.
- While installing a printer driver on certain systems the spooler crashed.
- "delete" button was enabled even if the barcode/command fonts list was empty. This is fixed now.
- Export of barcode fonts didn't work properly unless user clicked on barcode fonts tab before exporting them. This is fixed now.
- Graphics are in some cases larger then they need to be making label size incorrect.
- Increased timeouts for better printer status response times
- Barcodes with '"' character on EPL printers are not printed.
- Slow printing occurred when a Not Accessible printer was found on a network. Printer status was also not received immediately.
- Status for printers (that use bidirectionaal communication) was not correct when the printer was not physicaly connected to the computer. Status was changing between Not Accessible and Ready
- Driver can now override the default document settings of some applications with driver default settings (set up in printer spooler)
- After viewing the Help file CHM file was locked and because of that reboot was needed to complete the installation. New version of driver will not lock the CHM any more and because of that reboot is not needed.
- Barcode fonts and command fonts are now stored in registry.
- Printing did not work on nonbidirectional printers. Printer Error was displayed the whole time
- Printing did not work when bidirectional was enabled
- New Port monitor is added to the distribution
- On Windows Vista there is warning displayed if user doesn't have appropriate permissions to create (or write to) certain driver files.
- Old HLP help file format was exchanged for new CHM file format.
- When user changed printer's port, the printing was no longer possible until reboot.
- Port monitor now uses correct (64 bit) interface file on 64bit systems.
- Installation did not go through when upgrading from old printer driver, if the user had the driver connected to the Advanced Port Monitor (LAN)
- Bug fixed, where some changes on stocks updated default umprintable area values.
- Drivers with Unicode fonts do not show internal fonts on Windows Vista.
- Spooler crashed, if user had multiple bidirectional printers using the same port, while using a status monitoring application
- Stocks were not imported properly or were not shown immediately after import.
- Korean language added.
- Driver does not show all stocks in 'Stocks' combo box on 'Options' dialog. Missing stocks have heights that are near the maximum printer's limit.
- Changed window handling so that port monitor setup windows can appear on Vista
- Codabar barcode for ZPL printers should have ratios 1:3, 1:2 and 2:5 enabled.
March 7, 2023
Windows 8.1 | 10 | 11
Windows Server 2012 R2 | 2016 | 2019 | 2022
Your model’s printer driver is no longer maintained.
You can find it under discontinued printers.