Open Date Windows Printer Drivers
LATEST VERSION 5.5.1March 7, 2023
Download Loftware’s Free Open Date Printer Driver to print from any Windows application. Optimize printer performance by using Loftware NiceLabel or Spectrum to design your bar code and RFID labels and tags and your coding and marking messages easily, ready to print.
Enter your information to download Open Date printer driver
- User can print up to 250mm long labels with Thermocode 107 and up to 500mm with Thermocode 53 in continuous mode.
Updated print area limitations for all models.
Your model’s printer driver is no longer maintained.
You can find it under discontinued printers.
- User can print up to 250mm long labels with Thermocode 107 and up to 500mm with Thermocode 53 in continuous mode.Updated print area limitations for all models.
- Updated driver package information and driver user interface look with new branding.
- New printer model iQ2 is supported.
- Julian day of year added as JJJ format. (Day 366 = 31 December - not 29 Feb)
- Lines are printed now as internal printer elements. Codabar and MSI barcodes are printed as internal element with correct expansion now from NL2017.
- Added functionality to allow OpenDate with bidirectional communication to prevent prints being stuck in spooler.
- Mask for months "mm" is corrected.
- Additional two RTC formats (yy/dd/mm, yyyy/dd/mm) supported.
- Fixed spooler crash when printing from NiceLabel 2017 to a printer using Advanced TCP/IP port.
- Port monitor crashed print spooler on the second print when using Advanced TCP/IP. This is fixed now.
- Fixed issue with DNS IP resolution not working when printer network name is longer then 25 characters.
- Fixed About dialog issue with garbage after name for printers with name >= 32 chars.
- Fixed NiceLabel crash when changing the printer on Label Setup>Printer dialog and then disabling "Use advanced printer driver interface".
- When updating drivers which have already defined their own stocks, barcode fonts or command fonts, PrnInst application failed with message box "List index out of bounds". This is fixed now.
- Installer ends if user choose "don&#39;t install..." option in Windows warning dialog.
- Using of large graphics (larger than 100kB) caused the printer to go to error state. This is fixed now.
- Arial Bold font printer font was added on iQ model.
- Fixed issue where editing a stock causes an error message.
- Open Date printers use 15 digits long label format name.OpenDate.MMF file is removed from the driver distribution because Arial font is supported by the driver.Advanced TCP/IP port monitor is added to OpenDate driver distribution.OpenDate iQ printer has limitation of 53mm for print width and 100mm for print height.
- Printer Install Wizard supports silent installation of Port Monitor modules.
- OpenDateThermocode iQ printer is supported.
- New languages supported are: Danish, Hebrew, Slovak and Portuguese (Brazil). Portuguese language is removed.
- Language monitor will now retry sending data to printer 3 times before reporting an error to spooler.
- PrnInst utility quits driver installation if user doesn't trust the publisher.
- Driver settings are now correctly updated after being imported.
- PrnInst didn&#39;t not work on folders with long path name. Current version support paths up to 260 (MAX_PATH) characters.
- Help file was updated with a note that some applications can lock the driver and prevent it from being updated by a new version.
- On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 users were not able to change language settings. Now they can change language settings if they have administrative rights.
- Microsoft Access was reporting wrong paper names when custom stocks are defined in driver. Now it works OK.
- After leaving an edit field the values in it are now correctly checked according to their specified minimum/maximum values and displayed in correct format for the selected measurement unit.
- Prevent occasional labeling software crash when loading labels created with NiceLabel drivers older than version 4.6.16.
- Add a line stating the requirements needed for asian fonts to be printed correctly by the driver.
- Cutter functionality corrected for printing from Windows applications and cutter set to cut every n labels.
- Solved problem with multi-thread printing (sometimes the stream is not correct).
- Driver help for barcode font "y dimension" updated.
- All the drivers are now digitaly signed to allow installation on Windows 8.
- In some rare cases driver crashed when printing a Code128 barcode. This is corrected now.
- Fixed occasional Spooler crash when printing Word document with very long filename.
- Advanced Port monitor can now be added by using Windows Add New Port Type option.
- Port monitor now reconnectes to printer after lost connection
- Numeric GS1Databar barcode types no longer have data size requirements
- Driver update didn't preserve settings for all installed printers. This is fixed now.
- In some case of printing big graphics (color on 64-bit OS for example) the graphic elements could be missing. This is corrected now.
- Obsolete monitor.inf files were removed from drivers that still had them
- Removed warning message for special ports, when installing printer driver with Printer Installation Wizard.If connected to standard Windows TCP/IP port then show warning message.
- Printer error detailes were missing while printing. The status reporting issue was limited to NicePrintQueue, Enterprise Print Manager(EPM) and NiceLabel.:p
- Advanced TCP/IP port monitor now supports connections to names as well as IP addresses.
- Rotation option on userinterface and QR and MicroQR barcode font rotation now work correctly
- Spooler crash when changing printer port while printing was fixed.
- Custom settings for unprintable now work correctly
- Printer ports are now properly shown in Options dialog.
- Changed font for Chinese Windows to SimHei.
- User was not able to use internal counter with any downlaoded fonts. The driver is now corrected but user needs a new plug-in for MemMaster to support internal counter commands.
- Czech, Lithuanian and Ukrainian languages are now supported also in all NiceDrivers.
- When printing from standard Windows application (like Microsoft Word) and using page rotation (Landscape and/or rotate 180), positions of graphic were shifted relative to internal elements.Shift size depends on page dimensions, shift direction depends on rotation.
- PrnInst utility was updated so that long INF file structure is supported.
- When trying to preinstall drivers on Windows 7, user got an "Environment incorrect" error message. This is corrected now.
- User is now able to change administrator settings without reopening driver properties dialog as an elevated user. A click on the shielded button and entering the credentials is all that is needed.
- Fixed occasional driver crash when printing extremely large graphics
- Page preview icons in "Advanced Dialog" corrected.
- Uninstall of printer with Printer Install Wizard did not work on Windows 2003 (x64) system
- Build number is now part of version information in About dialog
- Added Rotation to parsed text in command fonts
- Printing process was stopped during heavy duty printing.
- Driver print speed optimization
- PrnInst showed login window, even if the user running the application was administrator.
- PrnInst can now be moved to any position (second monitor) and it will stay there. It will not jump back to its original position.
- Postnet barcode fonts can no longer have their width changed.
- User can select Automatic or Manual options for Job removing using keyboard in Printer Install Wizard
- Fixed labeling software crash when turning off "Use Advanced printer driver interface".
- Printer Install Wizard uninstallation of driver doesn`t remove all of the files from the SYSTEM32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\ folder.
- Electonic Article Survailance was always disabled on Rfid printers
- Fixed printing of Datamatrix and QR barcode font with more then 255 character data
- Added automatic termination character for Maxicode barcode font data
- Added support for custom printer name after silently installing a printer driver from command line (/INSTPRN; /INSTMULTPRN)
- Printer Installation Wizard will be able to automaticly remove all jobs when updating printer
- Printer Install Wizard can start an application specified in the command line, after it closes.
- Status monitor is able to detect port conflicts, when two printer drivers are using the same port for bidirectional communication with the printer.Also when user will delete or install a new printer to the system, Status Monitor will detect the change by itself.
- When you disable the option "Use advanced printer driver interface" (in File -> Label Setup -> Printing tab) labeling software will crash with the error "GDI Failure, OK to continue?"
- PrnInst didn't set printer attributes correctly. This is fixed now.
- Turkish language added
- - write MMF to alternative location (research) - update MemMaster to store files to this location - update driver to read from new location (make sure that the update will be backward compatible)
- Uninstall of driver package failed when running a 64bti system.
- Checkbox "Enable bidirectional support" (Printer properties -> Ports) can now be unchecked automatically during driver installation, corresponding to the flag "Bidirectional" in .inf file.Bidirectional=0 => checkbox is unchecked.Bidirectional=1 => checkbox is checked.If this information is ommited, Bidirectional=1 is assumed.
- Labelling software can now recall variables with more than 31 characters of data.
- When you click on the Help button in About dialog help is opened, but it is not linked to any page.
- Help on About dialog opens help page with contents 'This program cannot display the webpage'.
- Removed Help button as no help is available.
- New Japanese translation for Printer Install Wizard
- When user starts Printer Install Wizard the application is shown but without focus
- Changed default number for cutting to 1 label instead of 0.
- Changed file info for Printer Install Wizard
- Default value for Always use default settings is not correct when instaling it the driver with a configuration file attached.
- DLL files for user interface translation did not include version info data.
- Labels transfered from different systems now retain their driver settings.
- Increased lenght for filename and path in import and export of settings.
- POSTNET barcodes have a fixed height and width, but the interface allows the user to change these dimensions.
- Import and export didn't work if filename and path exceeded the length of 80 characters while windows support 256 character lengths
- Click on "Stocks" panel caused error if stock list was empty. This is fixed now.
- - support for preinstall on all supported platforms
- EndDocument escape was sent even when there was no StartDocument.
- If driver gets no separator character description for decimal number from the OS, driver puts a "+" or "," string as default character. The result was seen for page size (example)Now the dot character "." is set for default separator in this case.
- Invalid stocks are now marked. User can open the Stock properties dialog and press OK to fix the problem (which is usually stock dimension). Stock size will be automatically adjusted.
- UI for commands fonts works now properly also in Japanese language.
- In some rare cases streams sent to the printer had an extra "0" added in it.
- All print parameters need 10 bytes after P0 command before value is set. Rotate parameter is added to the print commands. For Continuous models there is used OFFSET command (xxx.x) instead of HOMOFF (xx.x)
- Sometimes a print stream is not send to the printer, and it stays stuck in the spooler
- Port monitor crashed when setting up port details (IP and port number)
- Barcode fonts vanished instead of being imported.
- Microsoft Vista operating system is not mentioned in the text file that is distributed with the driver.
- Stocks were not imported if user didn't view the stocks dialog beforehand
- Barcode ratio values are not shown in Barcode Fonts dialog. This only happens when you are editing existing barcode font.
- Spooler crashed during the installation, if there were any printers allready installed on the system.
- While installing a printer driver on certain systems the spooler crashed.
- In some cases when variable label size was enabled, driver does not send label file name to the printer and in this case user gets an error on the printer. Now label file name is always present in the print stream.
- "delete" button was enabled even if the barcode/command fonts list was empty. This is fixed now.
- Export of barcode fonts didn't work properly unless user clicked on barcode fonts tab before exporting them. This is fixed now.
- Increased timeouts for better printer status response times
- Slow printing occurred when a Not Accessible printer was found on a network. Printer status was also not received immediately.
- Status for printers (that use bidirectionaal communication) was not correct when the printer was not physicaly connected to the computer. Status was changing between Not Accessible and Ready
- Driver can now override the default document settings of some applications with driver default settings (set up in printer spooler)
- After viewing the Help file CHM file was locked and because of that reboot was needed to complete the installation. New version of driver will not lock the CHM any more and because of that reboot is not needed.
- Barcode fonts and command fonts are now stored in registry.
- The command "PROTATE" is removed from the driver because the driver rotates elements on the label by itself.
- Printing did not work on nonbidirectional printers. Printer Error was displayed the whole time
- Datamatrix barcode is currently not supported as internal element.
- Printing did not work when bidirectional was enabled
- New Port monitor is added to the distribution
- On Windows Vista there is warning displayed if user doesn't have appropriate permissions to create (or write to) certain driver files.
- Old HLP help file format was exchanged for new CHM file format.
- When user changed printer's port, the printing was no longer possible until reboot.
- Port monitor now uses correct (64 bit) interface file on 64bit systems.
- Installation did not go through when upgrading from old printer driver, if the user had the driver connected to the Advanced Port Monitor (LAN)
- Bug fixed, where some changes on stocks updated default umprintable area values.
March 7, 2023
Windows 8.1 | 10 | 11
Windows Server 2012 R2 | 2016 | 2019 | 2022
Your model’s printer driver is no longer maintained.
You can find it under discontinued printers.