UBI Windows Printer Drivers
LATEST VERSION 5.5.0November 15, 2022
Download Loftware’s Free UBI Printer Driver to print from any Windows application. Optimize printer performance by using Loftware NiceLabel or Spectrum to design your bar code and RFID labels and tags and your coding and marking messages easily, ready to print.
Enter your information to download UBI printer driver
- Updated driver package information and driver user interface look with new branding.
- Updated driver package information and driver user interface look with new branding.
- Add a line stating the requirements needed for asian fonts to be printed correctly by the driver.
- Prevent occasional labeling software crash when loading labels created with NiceLabel drivers older than version 4.6.16.
- Cutter functionality corrected for printing from Windows applications and cutter set to cut every n labels.
- Solved problem with multi-thread printing (sometimes the stream is not correct).
- Driver help for barcode font "y dimension" updated.
- All the drivers are now digitaly signed to allow installation on Windows 8.
- In some rare cases driver crashed when printing a Code128 barcode. This is corrected now.
- Fixed occasional Spooler crash when printing Word document with very long filename.
- Advanced Port monitor can now be added by using Windows Add New Port Type option.
- Port monitor now reconnectes to printer after lost connection
- When doing Export to SAP from labeling software the line with variable definition should not be present, like it is when doing Export to printer.This is corrected now.
- Numeric GS1Databar barcode types no longer have data size requirements
- Driver update didn't preserve settings for all installed printers. This is fixed now.
- RTC is now supported inside EAN-128 barcode on EPL printers.
- In some case of printing big graphics (color on 64-bit OS for example) the graphic elements could be missing. This is corrected now.
- Obsolete monitor.inf files were removed from drivers that still had them
- Removed warning message for special ports, when installing printer driver with Printer Installation Wizard.If connected to standard Windows TCP/IP port then show warning message.
- Printer error detailes were missing while printing. The status reporting issue was limited to NicePrintQueue, Enterprise Print Manager(EPM) and NiceLabel.:p
- Advanced TCP/IP port monitor now supports connections to names as well as IP addresses.
- Rotation option on userinterface and QR and MicroQR barcode font rotation now work correctly
- Spooler crash when changing printer port while printing was fixed.
- Custom settings for unprintable now work correctly
- When using Store/Recall with variables, recall stream was wrong. This is corrected now.
- SAP Exported export stream with variable EAN13 barcode on label now works correctly
- Printer ports are now properly shown in Options dialog.
- Changed font for Chinese Windows to SimHei.
- Czech, Lithuanian and Ukrainian languages are now supported also in all NiceDrivers.
- When printing from standard Windows application (like Microsoft Word) and using page rotation (Landscape and/or rotate 180), positions of graphic were shifted relative to internal elements.Shift size depends on page dimensions, shift direction depends on rotation.
- PrnInst utility was updated so that long INF file structure is supported.
- When trying to preinstall drivers on Windows 7, user got an "Environment incorrect" error message. This is corrected now.
- User is now able to change administrator settings without reopening driver properties dialog as an elevated user. A click on the shielded button and entering the credentials is all that is needed.
- Fixed occasional driver crash when printing extremely large graphics
- Page preview icons in "Advanced Dialog" corrected.
- Uninstall of printer with Printer Install Wizard did not work on Windows 2003 (x64) system
- All 1D barcodes on EPL printer do not have limitation for maximum height set to 600dots anymore. Limitation is now set to 1200 dots.
- Red Prarie export with barcodes no longer produces an error.
- Build number is now part of version information in About dialog
- EPL printers can use option "KDU Repeat Prompt" when exporting label format to printer memory and using recall with KDU keyboard. With this option enabled, user will have to enter variable value on KDU keyborard on every recall. Option can be found on Advanced setup > Miscellaneous dialog.
- Added Rotation to parsed text in command fonts
- Printing process was stopped during heavy duty printing.
- On old Intermec DP printers like EasyCoder 201,301,501,601 and E4 is there was wrong text output if variable was used. Character "a" was aded for prefix and suffix. This is corrected now.
- Print key option is working now also on old DP printers like EasyCoder 501 is.
- Driver print speed optimization
- PrnInst showed login window, even if the user running the application was administrator.
- PrnInst can now be moved to any position (second monitor) and it will stay there. It will not jump back to its original position.
- Postnet barcode fonts can no longer have their width changed.
- EPL printers sent cut offset in all cases (c commands). This is corrected now.
- Store/Recall functionalitiy is implemented into Intermec DP printers.
- Store/Recall on Intermec DP printers
- On Advanced Setup dialog > Miscellaneous there is an option for Update RTC. With this option enabled the Real time & clock will be updated during printing.Feature can not be enabled together with PRBUF compression of graphic.
- User can use RTC offset from labeling software but the driver will send just offset in minutes for TIME format and days offset for DATE format. Hour/second/month/year offsets are ignored from the GUI.
- Datamatrix barcode can get negative coordinate in print stream, and also the size and WYSIWYG is not ok. This is corrected now.
- User can select Automatic or Manual options for Job removing using keyboard in Printer Install Wizard
- Fixed labeling software crash when turning off "Use Advanced printer driver interface".
- Printer Install Wizard uninstallation of driver doesn`t remove all of the files from the SYSTEM32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\ folder.
- UCC/EAN128 barcode now produces correct command on EPL printers.
- Barcodes in labeling software with prompted contents are not exported correctly to the printer.
- Electonic Article Survailance was always disabled on Rfid printers
- Fixed printing of Datamatrix and QR barcode font with more then 255 character data
- Added automatic termination character for Maxicode barcode font data
- Fixed SAP export when using barcodes with variables
- Added support for custom printer name after silently installing a printer driver from command line (/INSTPRN; /INSTMULTPRN)
- Printer Installation Wizard will be able to automaticly remove all jobs when updating printer
- Printer Install Wizard can start an application specified in the command line, after it closes.
- When you disable the option "Use advanced printer driver interface" (in File -> Label Setup -> Printing tab) labeling software will crash with the error "GDI Failure, OK to continue?"
- Status monitor is able to detect port conflicts, when two printer drivers are using the same port for bidirectional communication with the printer.Also when user will delete or install a new printer to the system, Status Monitor will detect the change by itself.
- PrnInst didn't set printer attributes correctly. This is fixed now.
- Turkish language added
- - write MMF to alternative location (research) - update MemMaster to store files to this location - update driver to read from new location (make sure that the update will be backward compatible)
- Uninstall of driver package failed when running a 64bti system.
- Labelling software can now recall variables with more than 31 characters of data.
- When you click on the Help button in About dialog help is opened, but it is not linked to any page.
- Help on About dialog opens help page with contents 'This program cannot display the webpage'.
- Checkbox "Enable bidirectional support" (Printer properties -> Ports) can now be unchecked automatically during driver installation, corresponding to the flag "Bidirectional" in .inf file.Bidirectional=0 => checkbox is unchecked.Bidirectional=1 => checkbox is checked.If this information is ommited, Bidirectional=1 is assumed.
- EPL printers support now also day offset for internal printer clock.It is possible to use internal date & time also on barcode element from now on.
- Removed Help button as no help is available.
- New Japanese translation for Printer Install Wizard
- When user starts Printer Install Wizard the application is shown but without focus
- Changed default number for cutting to 1 label instead of 0.
- Changed file info for Printer Install Wizard
- Default value for Always use default settings is not correct when instaling it the driver with a configuration file attached.
- DLL files for user interface translation did not include version info data.
- Labels transfered from different systems now retain their driver settings.
- Increased lenght for filename and path in import and export of settings.
- POSTNET barcodes have a fixed height and width, but the interface allows the user to change these dimensions.
- Import and export didn't work if filename and path exceeded the length of 80 characters while windows support 256 character lengths
- Click on "Stocks" panel caused error if stock list was empty. This is fixed now.
- - support for preinstall on all supported platforms
- EndDocument escape was sent even when there was no StartDocument.
- If driver gets no separator character description for decimal number from the OS, driver puts a "+" or "," string as default character. The result was seen for page size (example)Now the dot character "." is set for default separator in this case.
- Invalid stocks are now marked. User can open the Stock properties dialog and press OK to fix the problem (which is usually stock dimension). Stock size will be automatically adjusted.
- UI for commands fonts works now properly also in Japanese language.
- For Intermec Esim printers, encoding of FNC characters in Code128 barcode is supported now.
- In some rare cases streams sent to the printer had an extra "0" added in it.
- Printing on Intermec printers did not work, because PRBUF graphics compression was not correct
- When user selects numeric format for RFID Read and Store no text is seen
- Sometimes a print stream is not send to the printer, and it stays stuck in the spooler
- Added syncronised printing support for models with who support bidirectional communication. Each label is check wheater it is printed
- Functionality for Reading and storing of rfid data implemented. User can read a rfig tag's value and store it to a database.
- Port monitor crashed when setting up port details (IP and port number)
- Barcode fonts vanished instead of being imported.
- Microsoft Vista operating system is not mentioned in the text file that is distributed with the driver.
- Stocks were not imported if user didn't view the stocks dialog beforehand
- Barcode ratio values are not shown in Barcode Fonts dialog. This only happens when you are editing existing barcode font.
- Cut position control is always available now, but the command is sent just when the cutter is used. With this control user can change the cut position for max. +/-30 dots.
- Spooler crashed during the installation, if there were any printers allready installed on the system.
- While installing a printer driver on certain systems the spooler crashed.
- "delete" button was enabled even if the barcode/command fonts list was empty. This is fixed now.
- Export of barcode fonts didn't work properly unless user clicked on barcode fonts tab before exporting them. This is fixed now.
- Graphics are in some cases larger then they need to be making label size incorrect.
- Increased timeouts for better printer status response times
- Barcodes with '"' character on EPL printers are not printed.
- Slow printing occurred when a Not Accessible printer was found on a network. Printer status was also not received immediately.
- Status for printers (that use bidirectionaal communication) was not correct when the printer was not physicaly connected to the computer. Status was changing between Not Accessible and Ready
- Driver can now override the default document settings of some applications with driver default settings (set up in printer spooler)
- After viewing the Help file CHM file was locked and because of that reboot was needed to complete the installation. New version of driver will not lock the CHM any more and because of that reboot is not needed.
- Barcode fonts and command fonts are now stored in registry.
- Printing did not work on nonbidirectional printers. Printer Error was displayed the whole time
- Printing did not work when bidirectional was enabled
- New Port monitor is added to the distribution
- On Windows Vista there is warning displayed if user doesn't have appropriate permissions to create (or write to) certain driver files.
- Old HLP help file format was exchanged for new CHM file format.
- When user changed printer's port, the printing was no longer possible until reboot.
- Port monitor now uses correct (64 bit) interface file on 64bit systems.
- Installation did not go through when upgrading from old printer driver, if the user had the driver connected to the Advanced Port Monitor (LAN)
- Bug fixed, where some changes on stocks updated default umprintable area values.
- Spooler crashed, if user had multiple bidirectional printers using the same port, while using a status monitoring application
- Stocks were not imported properly or were not shown immediately after import.
- Korean language added.
- Driver does not show all stocks in 'Stocks' combo box on 'Options' dialog. Missing stocks have heights that are near the maximum printer's limit.
- Changed window handling so that port monitor setup windows can appear on Vista
November 15, 2022
Windows 8.1 | 10 | 11 | 8.1 | 10 | 11
Windows Server 2012 R2 | 2016 | 2019 | 2022 | 2012 | 2012 R2 | 2016 | 2019 | 2022